Monday, April 7, 2008

Greg is back to work


Saying goodbye to staff at the orphanage...
Well after 6 weeks of Paternity leave for Greg he got up early & went to work this morning. I have been very nervous about this day because since we got Andrey, Greg has been superman & handled all our challenges with hope & faith & some physical strength too (Andrey is a strong guy!)... So far so good...greg's mom came this morning & spent special one on one time with Thomas & I did some one on one time with Andrey. I'm so grateful that he's bonding to us & especially to me as mommy. I took him for a nature walk today in the stroller - he loves the stroller..i showed him trees & flowers & leaves...this is what i had dreamt about prior to having him here with us. He's super active & curious & i'm so tired much of the time...i have forgotten what 2 year old are like, & you can imagine everything be new to Andrey that he's everywhere & into everything. We have a pretty good eating & sleep routine now...much less crying. We are getting to know each other..i did not realize that our developing relationship is a process...i just want everything to be perfect & complete now. Thomas is spending much time in his room on time outs until he can keep hands to himself. I thought it was tough when i just had 1 little boy, now i realize that 2 siblings adds a whole other element to being a mother...lots of refereeing & keeping them safe during disputes. I'm doing ok, i am amazed at how we as human beings can change the life of another..i was thinking about all the effort & work & $$ it took though...it occurred to me that doing the right thing is real tough some time even when it brings joy. Andrey is a cheerful little guy..he's solid & strong & needs to learn to cry when he falls..we're working on that..i'm doing my best to baby him :)

3 comments:

CM and JM said...

It's Carine, with AW too, I feel like I am reading my own journal from when we brought Noah home, so much sounds like what we went through. it gets soooo much easier and it will all come naturally in due time. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I read the refereeing comment. Mostly cause if I don't laugh, I'll cry! My kids were 8 years apart so I never had to play that role. Then we brought Tam home, 15 months apart in age from JC. And now I spend each day playing referee :) :) :)

It WILL get easier. My boys are very close and always want to be together. Even after we separate them for arguing, they ask when can they be together again. LOL

Enjoy your year of "firsts" with Andrey. . .speaking of firsts, tomorrow we will be leaving for Disneyland, Tam's first time there!

God bless you!
-jacki schroeder

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.