Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crazy Joy





I cannot explain it any other way other than to say that this season of life is crazy & so crazily joyful..i didn't think the feelings couldn't really co-exist but i'm experiencing it. I'm so relieved to report that life has gotten easier...it's been 3 months since we got home from Russia & thomas has adjusted to being a big brother & has stopped peeing his pants (he was potty trained) & biting his nails. He still has his moments where i have to protect Andrey but now their time together is spent playing & i love to watch what games they come up with!! There are forts all around my house now, blankets covering chairs & secret hiding places & toys shoved in small areas around the house...it's so great to see them play together!! Now Andrey is really a part of our routine & life wouldn't seem the same without him. We take the boys to the Jungle (big indoor adventure play area) & they really do some good bonding -running, jumping, climbing & i love when they call each other -especially when Andrey calls thomas "tommy."
So our home has more noise, more people, more laundry & dishes but i really feel so involved in the most important aspect of life...loving & being loved... in no other season of life have i experienced being so needed & so loved & so important.
Adding to the pleasures right now is summertime - i love summer with small kids...so much of our time is playing in the water or the dirt or walking around barefoot...i love childhood & having small kids is a way to relive my own wonderful childhood. Before we got Andrey, i would envision providing him all the things i got in my childhood & it made me so motivated to take the risks you face with adoption. Now we have him & i see him running around, playing with the neighbor kids, enjoying the sun & getting really dirty..eating watermelon & icecream cones...it doesn't get much better to me. I thought about my life dreams as i often do - it's an unbelievable feeling to be at a place where they've all come true (except for owning a home- won't be long with greg's determination) - i have a masters degree in clinical psychology (my favorite subject), i was in the work world doing what i loved for 6 years, i got married to a man who brings out the best in me & i had the experience of pregnancy & childbirth & i've taken a small little life out of an orphanage & am providing a happy childhood for him...anything is really extra at this point...i even thought - oh, i hope i don't die just cause i got everything i wanted!! :) I know that God is good & he didn't give up on me & showered me with all my hearts desires. I will be 38 next month & i'm very happy in the midst of being with these 2 little ones all day that sometimes drive me nutty :)

6 comments:

creative@heart said...

Hi Jeannette
Your post brought tears to my eyes. I know exactly how you feel. Life is so good and rich, what more could anyone want?
This is a great time to buy a home too, prices are once again more "affordable". I hope that it will happen for you soon. If you want some one to bounce real estate questions or ideas off of, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sheila
ps. thanks for sending me the Welcome Home announcement- Andrey is so sweet.

annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annie said...

I so know what you mean. The craziness seems non stop. Throughout the day we experience so many emotions...adventure, frustration, happiness, tiredness, sillyness...it's all great! My favorite part of the day is when we wind down for bed. Reading stories and lying side by side and singing songs seems like the best thing ever. I'm so glad you in a peaceful place in your life...there's nothing better than that...give Greg and the boys a big hug for me!

Anonymous said...

38?!!

heidi said...

YES!!! Crazy joy... the kind of feeling that makes you cry AND laugh all at the same time!

You are an awesome mother, Jeanette (see... I can say that now, because I have seen you in action in person!) and Greg is a great father! You make an awesome team and I feel honored to have spent some time with you all!!!

Crazy joy.... love it, love it, love it! Shelbi is still talking about Thomas and his trains!!! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I really love this post, Jeanette. Counting all these wonderful blessings in your life and sharing all that joy! All this great fortune ended up in the hands of a great woman. :) It's really uplifting.