Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's been too long!






Wow....has it really been since March that i wrote!! Sorry to drop off like that. Here's the latest. Because of the economy & home prices falling drastically, we were able to purchase our 1st home in the spring this year! The home was going into forclosure & it was a reasonable price. The owners were original & had raised 6 kids here...i could feel the warmth in the home. Also, the neighborhood is like out of a page from an older time...you know your neighbors & when you walk out the front door there are kids on either side to play with during the day. I love it & it makes my job of taking care of the boys so much easier because they have their own rooms & a back & front yard to play in. Sometimes while i'm walking around in the house i stop & cannot believe that Greg & I were given another gift. To have a home on 1 income in a nice neighborhood just 15 minutes away from my family, is miracle status. We were patient and waited and it finally happened for us. Wow.

However, We took a risk in purchasing the home because we still had adoption debt that we were actively paying off. But then another amazing thing happened...we finally got to cash in on the adoption tax credit from the government & we got a tax credit for being 1st time homeowners...i couldn't believe it! So although we still have some adoption debt, it's coming down & it's manageable.

Andrey turned 3 years old in April this year, i turned 39 in August. I took thomas out of preschool awhile back because he was bringing home so many colds & then i'd get my sinus infections which have been a bummer. I had the sinus surgery last November & that didn't seem to help all that much. Summertime has been great - we've seen Lyle Lovett & Huey Lewis in concert & visited with friends & have gone to some fun amusement parks with the boys. Greg suprised me this week by secretly having my piano moved into our new home from my parents home. I got the piano when i was a young girl & have waited my whole life to have my very own home to put my piano in. Greg got his head shaved from a cancer fundraiser...not my favorite look but a good cause.

OH yah...we bought a mini van - never thought it'd happen to me but i'm totally over it now..i have no problem driving around a van.. Problem was that our other car only had 4 seats so thomas & andrey would fight & hit each other in the back & it was becoming a driving hazard for me.

PS - andrey continues to do well...he's developed a little stutter. He seems to still be in the terrible two's even though he's 3. He's a happy little soul & continues to enjoy exploring & being like curious george.

5 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I'm glad to hear you all are doing well!

Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Neda Najibi said...

Jeanette,
You are such a strong woman! And so positive! Congratulations on your first home! You truly have been rewarded and so many more blessings will come your way and your boys are very lucky to have you! (so is your husband) :-)
Neda

Unknown said...

Sweetness! Hope the cold season is NOT in the Dini household and you are able to enjoy without any sniffles. Looking forward to pumpkin and costume pics soon ;)
Blessings,
Lori

cheap flights said...

Nice home with pleasant landscape. Congratulation for having bought your dream home that is wonderful.
There is almost all necessary things are like courtyard, gardens and very environment support in terms of healthy environment.
Thanks for sharing.

tom said...

I very happy to see your blog. I appreciate your efforts.