Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good things!

Well the good news is that several other families from our agency have gotten court dates! They had traveled before us to meet their child. We are so happy for them because this means they can go & pick up their child pending a successful court date of course. It also means that we'll get our turn next..& the way it's moving, it's looking like March. Greg thinks February but i don't think so. Another blessing is that there were 2 documents that the Russian court said that we don't need & that's wonderful news because our agency was having trouble getting them! - so big relief on the paperwork front. Greg & I will begin to do our lab work here & then we bring the lab results to Moscow - we'll be doing a series of medicals there. This is a new way of doing the health portion implemented a few months ago.

I guess now is a good time to get thomas's room ready for his little brother. I've put it off not wanting to have to stare at an empty crib for too long but i feel like "A" is in reach now & it's just a matter of weeks now. Thomas will have to share his little room...what an adventure this will be in itself. I only know how to have 1 son, now i will have 2 little ones & that means double the fun - double the trains, cars, trucks & playdough stuck to my floor. By the way, i did make a call to get my carpets clean as i wrote in an earlier post that dirty carpets upset me so much. My focus now will be to prepare the house & keep learning my Russian.

My focus has also been to try & plan another fundraiser but i've come up with no great ideas yet. Thanks to my friends who came along side of me in my distress & put the word out that we're still needing contributions..when i go to the mailbox & receive loving letters & checks from people i don't even know (& those i do know), it gives me such hope that we're not alone. I know that one day soon i'll be cooking dinner & setting a place for "A" & this will all makes sense!

1 comment:

3 became 4... said...

Jeanette-
Ha! I got my carpets cleaned soon after I responded to your post about your floors! I'm so glad you did too! Sure did make me feel better! I'm praying for a court date to come soon for you!
-Lyn Franks