Thursday, January 24, 2008

RELIEF!

I had my face to face appointment with the homeland security (immigration) people this morning..my sister & I waited over an hour & then it took 1 minute to ask for what i needed & to get the wonderful reply of "we'll mail it out next week." I couldn't have been happier as we need a document from them in order to get a court date in Siberia. In our whole process we haven't had anything like this where we couldn't obtain a document. I was so nervous..i had visions of security having to come over because i would be so upset trying to get this document. The nice thing about waiting over an hour is that your nerves are pretty much shot by that time so i no longer felt nervous but was just thrilled to see a live person ask me what i needed.

I was telling my sister how much i realize that we humans rely on other humans to get things done & sometimes things go real smooth when our helpers are efficient & pleasant & how others can let things slip thru the cracks. When you're in a situation where you're depending on another person for something as crucial as an addition to your family, you feel vulnerable & so grateful when you feel like they really care. This is one of the reasons i make an attempt to help those in need - because it feels aweful to be in need & not get the help you need. Of course, God is our greatest help but i believe He expects us to take care of one another.

No comments: