Monday, September 22, 2008

"Some call it Autumn, I call it God"


Today is the 1st day of Autumn! It's hard for me to express how much i embrace this season..the quote above pretty much sums it up. Yesterday, Thomas & I took a nature walk down our street which is lined with big Oaks. We took our buckets & picked up leaves & acorns all the way up until we got to the historic cemetary at the end of the street. We sat in the cemetary for awhile & sitting there with thomas i once again cannot believe how much i love that little guy..how much more can i love him? He told me "mommy, i love walking with you." Eeeesh! just pulls my heart strings. I'm passing down the gift my mom & dad gave me..love of God's creation by playing in it rain or shine.

I have constant joy & unusual amount of energy during autumn. All of God's creation seems to be so alive...i feel it in my soul.

4 comments:

Miracle Balsitis said...

I've been thinking about your post about working moms and attachment since I read it several days ago. I came back today to post about it, but now it is gone. I'm not sure why you decided to take it down, and even though it was hurtful, I do think that the debate about it was interesting and well worth folks talking about. I encourage you to share why you took it down and how you are feeling about it. It seems like a great way to start some good conversation about a sensitive topic.

heidi said...

See... I knew you and I could be good friends! I also LOVE the season Autumn!!! It is my favorite, hands down!

Your nature walk with Thomas sounds so special! It is so lovely to have your child tell you that they love you... and I can just picture that moment with you and Thomas!

Happy Fall! Give your 3 men a hug from us!

Journey of Faith said...

Wow Jeanette,
What an incredible view!! We are in a "hilly" part of Ohio- but that just means you can't see for miles on end of farm country :0)

I'd love to go for a walk with you, too!! Too bad we couldn't take in more sites in Kras!!

Anonymous said...

Jeanette,

I also am curious to know what you took the post off about working moms.