Friday, October 12, 2007

Small News

I e-mailed our family coordinator at the adoption agency yesterday because i wanted to see if we'd still be registered in our region in an orphanage in Oct/Nov. It appears that there are a few families ahead of us now that weren't ahead of us before. (Due to other regions not having children in their requested age range). These families have had an agonizing wait period as they got caught up in the delay of reaccrediation so I'm happy for them that they're getting closer. So don't know when we'll be registered...the thing about being registered is that 2-3 months after registration is when we can anticipate a referral of a little boy between 10-18 months old. I figure this gives us longer to save up money. And this gives us some more time to learn some Russian & read some books on Russian culture & adoption related issues, etc.

This is a picture of me with my Russian apron on & thomas helping me bake.
However, Greg has suggested to me that if what I'm reading makes me more worried than i should stop. Do i really need to read that you shouldn't bring any children under 4? (due to complicated travel). Thomas is coming with us so that's that....do i really need to know that there's a lot of pushing & no lines in the Russian airport experience? & do i really want to know the temperature of Siberia in the winter...i keep imagining myself freezing to death... So we're on the eve of the city wide Campbell garage sale tomorrow. This marks 1 year of garage sales...we made $900 last year at this event. It's raining right now but I'm sure the clouds will part & the sun will come out if only over my parents house so we can sell some stuff!

1 comment:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

We'll be praying that your garage sale goes well today... no rain!

Also, I wanted to commend you for your love to the other families that have been placed in front of you!

I will also be praying that you can give your worries over to God. It is great to read and be knowlegeabe... you are really working hard and that's Great! God will provide all that you need- and that includes safety on your trip for you both AND Thomas!

p.s. great apron! What were you and Thomas baking?

Love you all!