Friday, December 14, 2007

humaness getting in the way

Well there's so much to be grateful for & then there are the moments that you feel like you want more, need more, etc. There are times when i feel a complete joy & closeness to God & every other living thing & then there are the moments like now where i'm feeling a disconnect - there's no pleasure in that...& silly as it sounds, it all starts with my carpets - the stains are starting to come up again & they need to be cleaned but we have to wait til after Christmas. Now this isn't a joke, when my floors are dirty, it depresses me...then i start wanting my own house even though i love this one we rent..then the "I wants" kick in & in the bible it's referred as "coveting" - once you get on this road, it's real hard to get off of it because it just gets worse as you move away from gratitude & get towards greed. Ok, anyhoo..so that said, I am fighting a cold, thinking about Siberia...thinking about what below 0 degrees means & the cost of the hotel each night. Now, i'm going to give myself 2 minutes on the pitty pot & then i've got to get off of it. Sometimes you just have to allow yourself to moan & groan & then it's over. So here i go...i don't want to freeze, i don't want to leave my home for 3 weeks (trip #2)...i don't want to be on 3 airplanes for a total of 20 hours..i don't want to have to play "trains" every second to keep thomas occupied...i just want to win the lottery & i want "A" to be home now. OK, DONE.
I'm grateful that i'm alive & well...i'm blessed to have such good friends & family & i cannot wait until i have 2 sons instead of just 1 little crazy thomas. I'm grateful that we didn't have to wait long for "A" like other families who got big delays in the process. I'm grateful for the resources we do have & grateful for Greg who doesn't mind working hard. Ok...so that's it for today..sometimes my humaness gets in the way of my spiritualness & it's annoying!

1 comment:

3 became 4... said...

Jeanette-
Wow! That might as well been me writing that entry (right down to the dirty floors depressing me)! Thanks for airing that- sometimes I'm afraid to say it out loud. And I haven't even been to Siberia yet (only 4 days)! I have to keep looking at our son's picture to keep myself in the right frame of mind. I keep reminding myself that these are just the labor pains of adoption and they will pass...
I already have been praying for you and I will continue to do so. I can't wait until our sons are home where they belong!
In Christ,
Lyn Franks