Monday, December 3, 2007

If i were pregnant

i've been resting lately & it's felt wonderful...really resting... i've thought about next year this time having "A" with us to decorate our Christmas tree & how we'll be a family of 4 instead of 3, etc. I've also thought that it's strange not being physically pregnant but expecting another child.. When you're pregnant there are physical signs you're pregnant, when you're adopting, you just have a big stack of paperwork to show!! :) I loved being pregnant with Thomas & I love this experience i'm having bringing "A" into our world. Sometimes just for the fun of it i say i'm eating for two, or i should rest because i'm getting farther along :) It's silly but it helps me pay the attention i would pay to myself if i had "A" growing inside of me, - instead, the love i have for him grows in my heart & it gets bigger & bigger each day as i prepare myself for our next trip to bring him home. There are great blessings in having a child both ways... there is the same joy & same longing to have him here as i had with Thomas. This time though we know it's a boy & he just happens to already be 18 months old! I've experienced our adoption to be fun too - there was the anticipation of who would be our son, how old, what would he look like, what would his story be, etc... there was the pure shock & joy when we received "the call" that "A" had been matched with our family...i will never forget that moment like i'll never forget when the pregancy test had those 2 little lines!
You worry a bit too just like when you're pregnant that you want the baby to be healthy & happy, etc... but just like when we were expecting thomas, we were going to accept him however he came..that's how i feel with "A" - whatever issues/health or otherwise, we're going to deal with them the best we can. I think the greatest joy for me has been knowing that we are taking in a child who already exists, (we didn't make him) & realizing the power we have to change one little life..to bless this little child with love & family & to nurture his relationship with God, etc. It's very exciting & it makes me want others to experience it. My hope is that reading this journey inspires someone else to go on this adoption adventure or to follow another calling.

2 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

I think you should eat for two and rest for two... after all, you are doing a lot of work to bring this baby HOME!

All our love!

Lori said...

Too cute, I love it!