Monday, March 10, 2008

Hurry up and wait...



Waiting is rough, especially when you have a 3 year old that is not used to putting on 6 layers of clothes because its 20 degrees out.

Thomas is not built for cold weather! I’m not either, but I’m an adult.

Our days have been spent walking, playing play dough, trains, smashing our toy cars, all fun stuff, really :) We walked to an open air market today and bought something we were really needing, no not another child, ha!, but some really nice fruit! Our travel partners pointed us towards this flea market/farmers market hybrid thingy. The first place we stopped we spent like 40 bucks on grapes, bananas, (actually good bananas, not leftover bananas that fall apart in your hands, and last 2.3 hours before they become mush. These were good! We bought apples, tangerines, it was nice. I ate that banana like it was the first one I have ever had, it was wonderful...

We go and visit Andrey tomorrow morning, after not seeing him for a few days. We have watched some video clips of him talking and feeding me goldfish like 40 times.

We are ready for him.

What else.... it still refuses to snow. I know I mentioned it got cold, but it’s still sunny most of the time and actually pretty nice. We would like a blizzard for a day or so while we’re here, Thomas would love it. Watch, we’ll get the blizzard the day we leave and get stranded for another week... be careful what you wish for Mr. Dini.

I got some time to myself today. I have been threatening to go downstairs and have a cappuchino for a few days, but I actually did it today. It was grrrreat. I read my fantasy baseball magazine and checked email. Our wi fi connection has been down in our room since Friday, that’s why I haven’t posted pics or anything. It’s supposed to come back Monday. I have our baseball draft the Sunday I get back, so I must be ready.

I may try and sit in the very popular areain front of our hotel tomorrow night and drink a beer and have a cigar. There’s apparently a lot that goes on (prostitution, drugs etc) at night, so maybe I’ll be entertained...

Good night for now...

Greg

4 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Hey guys! We have been thinking about you... so glad to see an updage this morning.

Hurry up and wait! We used to tell ourselves that when we were with Maggie in the NICU. It seemed like we were always hurrying... just to wait some more!

We are definitely praying that the three of you can continue to hang in there knowing that before long you will look back at this time and it will only be a memory.

Love you all

Anonymous said...

Greg, Jeanette and Thomas,
I have finally had some time to catch-up on your blog. How exciting!!! I know it seems like it's taking you forever to bring your sons home, but just think that the more time you spend there the more you understand Andrey's culture. You are in our prayers!! God Bless.

3 became 4... said...

Hey guys! Glad to hear you're hanging in there! I LOVE seeing the pics of the boys- so precious!
I love the policing info(my husband is a police officer) . Crazy! A ride along would be VERY ineteresting, to be sure!
Keep the updates coming!
Praying for you!
-Lyn Franks

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Andrey is adjusting to you all. He is a very lucky (blessed) little boy to have you for a family.

I have enjoyed reading your blogs. Today (march 11th)is the one year anniversary of the day we first met Tam. . .also my birthday :) It has gone by so fast. But what I do remember is living in Vietnam for 2 weeks and how homesick we were. And out of our element. The driving was terrifying, crossing the street was death defying, and eating the buffet from the hotel day after day after day was, well, nauseating!!

And here we are one year later, and Tam is fluent in English and so happy to be with us. He tells us how on the day he left the orphanage he was sad and cried, but he is happy now and LOVES America. He is playing Tball now and not to brag, but he's a natural!! I grew up playing Little League so I'm very excited to see how much he loves baseball :) :)

God bless you on Friday when you pick up Andrey. Having Thomas with you will make Andrey feel more secure (Joshua was awesome with Tam in those first difficult hours). Enjoy your time as a family of three, and relish those new moments of becoming a family of four!!!

Warm regards,
jacki schroeder