Tuesday, March 11, 2008

TV, made in Russia

I have an idea for a new TV show in America. American Idol for strippers! Oh wait, they already have it here in Russia, dangit. No really, they do, its everything American Idol, but they are strippers with their pole. It’s on MTV Russia. Another TV show we discovered was one of my wife’s favorites, the Nanny in Russian. They copied it right down to the outfits. Very funny. I then switched over to AS Roma vs Real Madrid and was in heaven. I watched a movie yesterday, 300. Lots of fighting, and blood. I liked it. Jeanette visited Andrey yesterday while I stayed with Thomas. They had a nice time, but again, as I have repeated over and over, we are ready to bring the little Ruskie back and begin the next phase. We can’t really bond with him much more at the orphanage, we need to get him back here so he can start depending on us. At the orphanage, he is still comfortable because he is still in his “hood”. His eyes still light up when he sees his care giver. But that will change soon. We also heard for sure that we will be picking Andrey up for sure on Friday night. We’ll leave here at 5pm, arrive at 6pm, stay for 15 minutes and bring him back with us. So by 615, we will have Andrey out of his standard orphanage issued clothing, and into our lap for good. I’m sure I’ll have plenty to blog about once that happens. I washed some undies in the shower last night, that was exciting! I could use some fabric softener, but other than that, they are fresh! We had a chance to meet some American missionarys yesterday. The Winklers. They are from Visalia and have been living here for 5 years with their 4 kids. They picked us up and we went to their apartment, which was extremely nice. 3 bedrooms, looked very American. Thomas had a great time playing with their kids, ages 8 and under. They fed us, I actually had a sandwich with mustard on it!! I wanted to steal it from them!! Side note, I went to Subway here the other day, and the only spread I was familiar with was mayo, so I had only mayo on it.. But it was actually pretty close to the american version. Cabbage instead of lettuce, but not bad. So, the winklers, it was good to sit and visit with them, it was like having a little slice of America in Russia. We enjoyed it. They are actually supported by Shadow Mountain Baptist church in Morgan Hill.. Small world.... I snowed a couple days ago, which was nice, and after that it got cooooollld. Today it is about 10 degrees. I haven’t been in weather that cold, ever, so it was a new experience. Last night while we were out, the wind picked up, and both Jeanette and I thought our ears would just crack right off if someone touched them right. It’s supposed to get colder this weekend, so hello Siberia! Today I’ll go see him while Jeanette stays with T. We met another couple from california today. (Pleasanton), so that was cool. They are on their first trip. Boy does that seem like a long time ago when we were on our first trip. Let’s see, anything else? We have just been hanging out, waiting, walking. We went out to eat at a German place last night. Had a fun time. Thanks for all the posts.. short sleeves and 70 degrees sounds really good right now. Well, see you all soon...... Greg

3 comments:

Question Fake Grass said...

Thrilled to hear and see how wonderful the trip is going. Love love love all your posts and photos! Keep 'em coming!

hugs from warm, sunny CA,
the Fans :-)

Anonymous said...

We are having a great time reading all the updates. We check it everyday and can't wait to meet Andrey. The pictures are great. Don't worry, we are keeping Starbucks busy for you. You guys look so happy and look like you are having a great time. Records wants tickets to go see either the sporting events or chess / dance recital for the little guys.

Talk to you guys soon.
Your Family in Records:) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Andre is a buffed little kid! Good thing Ive been keeping up with my pilate/pushups so i can play with him... Cousin Gennean is excited to welcome home 2 of my cousins now! Is the heart big enough to hold 2?