Thursday, October 23, 2008

Never thought it could be done



This is a picture of Greg putting up some cob web for Halloween....this is one of my favorite times of year & i love putting up decorations - pumpkins, scarecrows, cobweb, etc. This year i was overwhelmed with the cobweb situation....wasn't sure how to put it up so i handed it over to Greg. Now, Greg typically does not get into decorating but i think things may have changed. Here is the beautifully designed cob web covering of our porch. May not seem like i big deal but i love it & i grew up decorating our family home with my dad...so i love to see the tradition maybe catching on between greg & the monkeys (thomas & andrey). I went to my parents recently & my dad & i decorated the house..ah, like a little girl i felt! Still as sweet as childhood memories...me & my dad fixing up the house, my mom making her famous tuna casserole (a fast meal so i could go trick or treating faster). I love passing all this down to Andrey...he'll have great memories of his dad putting up cob web & pumpkins & scarecrows. I'm not much into the spooky halloween thing but i do love celebrating the harvest & i'm hoping the leaves will come down soon!
Here's a picture of thomas & andrey outside the house with our pumpkins.

1 comment:

Journey of Faith said...

I am soo glad to hear your dad is still doing well!! I was thinking about him the other day, wondering how he was feeling. So glad he's well enough to decorate with you. Makes me smile big and do a happy dance with you!! :0)

Debbie