Wednesday, February 20, 2008

COUNTDOWN TO MOSCOW 6 more days

I'm boring myself with the details of my cleaning & organizing but i find it's become a crucial part of my preparing for "A" to come home. I remember when i was pregnant with Thomas i cleaned the house like a mad woman. I guess i'm doing the same thing now. So we're waiting on our visa's to arrive & for our itinerary to be finalized & i'm working on a last minute letter we may need for court. It's nerve wracking cause of the time crunch. Last night i picked up some medication for "A" in case he gets sick on the way home... i bought him some diapers...everything's more difficult because i don't know his weight & size. Most people tell me that as soon as little ones get the love & attention they need, they grow like weeds & learn to smile & laugh big. I cannot wait for the joyful moments.

I'm focusing also on the reality of having a child who's making a major transition from institutional life to family life. I've read the books & am aware of the issues/risks. It helps to recall my grad school years of clinical psychology too so i feel like i have the knowledge. We are going to have to teach "A" that i'm his mom & Greg's his dad. Sadly, i'll be just another care giver to him for awhile until it kicks in that i'm it & Greg's it. I'm looking forward to getting the food "A" needs - fruits, veggies, etc. I'm looking forward to taking him to the school across the street - we spend many hours there as it's like a beautiful park with a big mountain as the back drop. THere's a huge field & "A" can run around & feel the sun. Ok, today's projects are laundry & getting the itinerary taken care of. Yesterday my sis & i cleaned out thomas's closet - she was doing that...i was on the phone with unexpected adoption business & well, i'm getting used to working under pressure & deadlines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is my mom getting all the blog time? when are you going to throw in how much your favorite niece has helped! cmon girl spread the love/;

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

So much love for a little man named "A". He doesn't know all that you are doing to love him for life... but someday- what a story he'll hear!

Love you all so much! Can't wait to see "A" home with his family!

Wow...