Monday, February 25, 2008

Let the madness begin!




Tomorrow is the big day. WE leave at 10pm from SJ, and land in Atlanta at 5am. We actually have a room at the Holiday Inn that day due to the fact that our flight from ATL to Moscow doesn't leave until 4pm!
Our last few days in the good ole USA have been spent completely redoing our entire house. Thanks to Jeanette and her sis MaryAnn, and our niece... and others, things are organized and in tip top shape,... I believe they call it nesting...
I have been working. (Someone has to pay for this adventure) Below is a copy of our itinerary, so you know roughly where we are, and when we'll be getting Andrey.

2/26 Leave US
2/28 Arrive Moscow
2/29 Medical Exam
3/1 Leave Moscow for Krasnoyarsk
3/2 Arrive to Krasnoyarsk
3/4 Court Hearing
3/17 Pick up "A" from orphanage & Receive documents
3/20 Leave for Moscow with "A"
3/21 Apply to US Embassy
3/24 Receive
3/24 Russian Consulate
3/26 Receive Document Registration
3/27 Leave Russia for US as a family of 4!

So.... keep checking back here , as we will try and update it as much as we can with pics and vids...

Later!!!

Greg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette,

OH MY! We have been struggling through this year's cold and cough season, so I haven't spent much time on the computer. And when I do check it. . .ta dah! you are leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!

One year ago on Feb 27th we got our call. . .so to have you leaving on our 1 year anniversary is special :)

It was my intention to send a monetary gift to help you out, but I kept telling myself "i have time" and now I don't!!! I'm frantic trying to find your phone number or address! Please send your address. . . at least I can send the gift for your return.

God bless you on your journey! Go with the flow and try to remain as calm as possible. I pray leaving with "A" will not be too stressful. I'm very happy for you!

-jacki schroeder

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

WOW! WOW! and WOW!

How exciting and scary all at the same time!

We will be checking your blog regularly (of course) and we will be praying for your safety on this journey.

There is a little boy waiting for you and he doesn't even know it... that is amazing and I am so thankful that you have allowed all of us to join you on this journey of faith! You guys are amazing and we love you so much!

HUGS! HUGS! HUGS!

Lori said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Cheryl Corine / Mom / Grandma said...

God be with you!
We will be praying for you all!
Much Love,
Cheryl and John