Friday, February 15, 2008

Preparation Day #1

well i have a moment to relax, thomas is asleep now. Yesterday (Valentine's Day) was the best ever. Greg left 3 little sweet cards for me, 2 in the house & 1 in the car. I love little suprises. Then Thomas & I started out our day by doing our usual Valentine deliveries..it's one of my most favorite holidays, even when i was single. There's something so sweet & fun about giving & getting little pink & red valentine cards..the sillier the better. I started my Valentine cards over 2 weeks ago to make sure i'd get them all done! Greg made fun of my efforts but i stayed strong & kept at them.

After Thomas fell asleep the phone rang & the area code was from Virginia which is where our adoption agency is. I just knew this was the call with the court date.. there had been a mysterious silence the last few days & i could feel that something was happening. Sure enough, it was our family coordinator wanting to conference Greg in..as she was trying & i was left to wait, the feeling was of shock, joy, bliss & oh my goshes everywhere! I knew she had our court date & this was the moment we were waiting for & it happened on one of my most favorite days! Since Greg was at work we couldn't reach him & i told him later..he suspected though because of the message i had left saying we had some good news. So great joy yesterday, great joy. We are so grateful to be going back to take care of business & bring "A" home. I must say that i thought we'd have lots more notice but as it turns out i only have a few days to get the visa's, etc. At least i've done it once before so this time isn't as hard. I have a sister who acts as my administrative assistant (because she was one for HP). So The hardest part will be preparing to be on our Eastern European vacation for so long & delegating stuff that needs to be done. Also, we need a car seat for "A", snow clothes, & a bunch of other stuff that he'll need. That's not even mentioning what i need to get for the trip. Anyhoo - no problem - it's just wonderful to be simmering in the joy & wonder of it all.

2 comments:

Lori said...

WONDERFUL! I bet this will be the best Valentine's day you have/will ever have! I am so happy for you!

Journey of Faith said...

Did you ever, even in your wildest imaginations, ever consider 12 days- less than 2 weeks- a long time to get ready for international travel? Are you ready? I am sooo ready- all the packing seems inconsequential, doesn't it? Look out boys, here we come!!
Debbie